Being involved in a truck accident can change your life in innumerable ways. Truck accident victims face physical injuries, emotional scars, property damage, and at times ongoing injuries. One thing that can help with all of these difficulties is finding a strong, experienced truck accident attorney.
Some accident victims may attempt to forgo the assistance of a truck accident lawyer, believing they can fight the insurance company on their own. This approach can be costly. The following is a look at five reasons why a truck accident attorney is a must following any truck accident:
- Assessing your case: Soon after the accident, your first step will be determining whether you have the right to seek compensation from the truck driver or trucking company responsible for your injuries. Not all truck accident victims will be entitled to compensation and seeking it, when you do not have a case, can result in wasted time, energy, and potentially money. Your truck accident lawyer will immediately assess your case and provide you with a professional, reasoned opinion.
- Avoiding low settlements: You will likely receive an initial settlement offer from the insurance company after the accident. While this offer may seem appealing at the time, early settlements will rarely take into account your future medical expenses and lost wages. Your attorney will fight for a settlement that fully covers all of your losses.
- Better outcome: Having an experienced and trusted truck accident attorney working for you will generally mean that you will reach a better end result. The settlement you receive will be larger, enabling you to truly get back on your feet after the accident.
- Faster outcome: With the help of a truck accident attorney, you will likely reach the end of your lawsuit faster. Unrepresented plaintiffs will be at the mercy of the insurance company’s team of powerful lawyers, who may file for continuances and continually push back your matter. A truck accident attorney will stand by your side, representing your rights to the fullest and seeking a speedy resolution of the matter.
- Less stress: Overall, obtaining the assistance of a truck accident attorney will result in less stress for you and your family. Your attorney will be handling the work for you, allowing you to focus on your recovery and life. You will not need to handle the many lengthy and complicated phone calls, and while you will need to appear for any meetings, you will not have the burden of conducting them or preparing evidence. Your attorney takes the momentous stress of handling a truck accident case out of your hands and into their capable hands.
Greenberg, Stone, & Urbano: Dedicated Miami Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in South Florida, the Miami Truck Accident Attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano are here to help. Our exceptional firm offers over 130 collective years of experience representing truck and other traffic accident victims across South Florida. Our dedicated lawyer staff provides legal representation of unmatched excellence, evidenced by our array of awards. We received an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and are ranked as a top firm in South Florida by the Miami Herald. Contact our firm as soon as possible to start on the road to protecting your legal rights. Call us at (888) 499-9700 or (305) 595-2400 or you can visit our website to schedule your initial consultation.