If you have been injured in an 18 wheeler accident, you will need to select the right attorney to bring your important truck accident action. Your attorney can mean the difference between obtaining a strong recovery that will cover your damages sustained in the accident and struggling under years of unpaid medical bills or lost time off work.
Selecting a truck accident lawyer in Miami is not always easy and can be stressful. Accident victims are surrounded by advertisements for personal injury and truck accident attorneys, which abound on television, billboards, newspapers, and websites. It is not always easy for truck accident victims to wade through these advertisements and uncover an attorney with true experience and skill.
The first step to choosing your truck accident attorney will involve scheduling some consultations with your top choices. During these consultations, you will be able to ask some important questions of your potential attorney to assist you in selecting the right one for your case. The following is a look at some factors to consider in choosing your attorney:
- Experience: Experience is the first factor you should consider when weighing your attorney options. Truck accident law is complex and differs drastically from car accident law. Your attorney should have considerable experience handling specifically truck accident cases. Ask how many years the attorney has been in practice and how many truck accident cases he or she has handled in that timeframe.
- Communication: Assess whether your potential attorney will be open to your input and questions. Does the attorney return phone calls promptly and make themselves available when you need them? It can be difficult for busy attorneys to immediately take all phone calls, but be sure you feel confident that your attorney values client communication and will not leave you lost as to the status of your case.
- Resources: You need a law firm that will have the resources necessary to bring a strong truck accident case on your behalf. Consider the size of your potential firm and what is has to offer. Some solo practitioners or small firms may not have the resources ideally needed to build your case. Ask your potential firm about its man power and resources, including investigators and truck accident re-constructionists.
- Financials: Ask your attorney what fee arrangement he or she will allow if you retain your firm. Most truck accident attorneys will operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will agree to a percentage fee that will only be owed if your attorney wins a settlement for you. You will owe nothing until your attorney collects for you. Ask your potential attorney about any fees or expenses that you may need to pay outside of the contingency fee agreement.
- Fit: You need to find an attorney that is a proper fit for you. After you have confirmed an attorney’s qualifications, resources, fee arrangement, and the like, select an attorney with a passion for your case and that you will look forward to working with.
Greenberg Stone and Urbano: Top Rated Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, contact the Miami Truck Accident Attorneys at Greenberg Stone and Urbano We have of 130 collective years of experience representing truck accident victims in South Florida. We will review your case and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Our firm has received a coveted AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and the Miami Herald recognized us as a top firm in South Florida. Allow our exceptional attorneys to provide you with superior legal services in the South Florida area. Call us at (888) 499-9700 or (305) 595-2400 or visit our website to schedule your initial consultation.