The number one cause of commercial truck accidents as the result of negligence is driver error. This may be from a distracted driver who was traveling at high rates of speed without his eyes on the road or it may be from a driver who did not realize that he needed to apply the brakes quickly. There was a truck accident on Interstate 95 that shut down the road to traffic that appears to have been caused by driver error. According to a news report, a Federal Express truck failed to take appropriate actions to avoid a slower moving produce truck, resulting in a collision that closed down the interstate and required a diversion of traffic.
When a person is injured in a serious accident with a truck, there are many injuries that may result because of the size and weight of the truck. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck crash caused by driver error or some other type of negligence, the skilled Miami truck accident lawyers at Greenberg Stone and Urbano will fight to get you the outcome that you deserve. Our attorneys have more than 130 years of collective experience in obtaining justice for our clients.
When the two commercial trucks collided on Interstate 95, the driver of the Federal Express truck was seriously injured and the driver of the other vehicle also was injured. The Florida Highway Patrol has reported that the FedEx driver, who ran into the other vehicle, will be charged with careless driving. Despite the fact that there were injuries, this accident may have been much worse.
There are many different types of driver error, but some of the most common include:
• A truck driver who speeds to adhere to a very aggressive delivery schedule that does not provide for any traffic slowdowns;
• An aggressive driver who exhibits hostile behavior to other drivers through unsafe lane changes, tail-gating, and other dangerous driving practices;
• A driver who does not maintain sufficient distances between the truck and vehicles in front of the truck or who does not apply the brakes in a timely manner;
• A driver who fails to secure the load in the proper manner, leading to an unbalanced trailer or items that move around the trailer and lead to uncontrolled movement of the truck;
• A driver who consumes drugs or alcohol before getting behind the wheel of the truck;
• A truck driver who fails to install or maintain side-view or rear-view mirrors, or any other blind spot detectors, resulting in unsafe road conditions; and
• A driver who does not have the proper training to react to changing road conditions in a safe manner, including responding to unexpected road hazards and construction conditions.
A person who has been injured in an accident with a large commercial truck may experience the following injuries:
• Broken and fractured bones;
• Traumatic brain injury;
• Spinal cord injuries; and • Death.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident caused by driver error or some other type of negligence, it is important to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible.
Greenberg Stone and Urbano Fights for Truck Crash Victims
When a person is the victim of a devastating commercial truck crash, the recovery process often lasts months, if not years. Many victims never completely heal from their injuries. The Miami truck accident law firm of Greenberg Stone and Urbano knows the turmoil that accident victims and their families face after an accident. Our firm has more than 30 years of experience in getting the results that our clients deserve. Our commitment to excellence has earned our law firm an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell. We also have received an acknowledgement as one of South Florida’s top-rated firms by the Miami Herald. Call us at (888) 499-9700 or (305) 595-2400 or visit our website to schedule an appointment so that we can begin to fight for you.