Common Causes of Recreational Vehicle and Trailer Accidents
Understanding the common causes of RV accidents is important for the safety of RV drivers and passengers. An in-depth understanding of the common reasons behind RV accidents is also beneficial for an injury attorney representing a person who has suffered serious injury in an accident involving a recreational vehicle.
When the accident victim’s legal representative understands RVs and their dangers, he or she may be better equipped to clearly illustrate the causes of the accident — and thus make a strong argument for who has legal responsibility for the accident.
What Causes Serious RV Accident Injuries?
Many recreational vehicles are large and unwieldy — difficult for a nonprofessional operator to handle. Recreational tractor trailers can also be hazardous on the road, and tractor trailer accidents often result when unknowledgeable drivers operate this type of vehicle. Some common causes of RV and truck-trailer accident injuries include:
- Passengers in RVs often ride unsecured in the back of the vehicle. When accidents occur, they are launched across or outside of the vehicle.
- RVs are slow and bulky compared to other traffic on the road. It becomes more difficult to take evasive action, which can lead to multi-car accidents and rollovers.
- Many RV operators do not have sufficient experience driving large vehicles. They do not realize that more time is needed for braking and that visibility is limited.
- Dangerous road conditions such as ruts, soft shoulders and poor water drainage may pose a greater danger to RVs because of their slow response time.
- If objects fall from a carelessly loaded recreational trailer, accidents may occur as other vehicles take evasive action.
- An RV towing a second vehicle is even more unwieldy, and if inadequate towing equipment is used, a serious accident could occur.
- Equipment defects can cause tire blowouts, brake failure, signal failure or air bag failure.
A Nationwide Truck Accident Law Firm That Understands RV Accidents
Greenberg & Stone, is an AV-rated* truck accident law firm whose attorneys offer more than 60 years’ combined legal experience focused on representing plaintiffs in personal injury claims. We are headquartered in Florida and work with a national network of local associate firms in order to offer strategic and personalized service to injury victims across the country.
At our law firm, we handle all legal matters so that you can focus on the problem at hand — making sure that you or your loved one receives all necessary medical attention and support needed. It can be a daunting task to deal with rising medical bills, collection agencies, an insurance adjuster, and concerned family and friends constantly calling. Let our lawyers worry about your injury claims and protecting your rights.
Learn More About Greenberg & Stone
We invite you to learn more about our law firm, our Rapid Response Team and our past successes on behalf of truck accident victims. If you have questions about a specific legal claim, call us toll free at 888-499-9700.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.