When Careless Driving Causes Truck Accidents
An important difference exists between careless driving and reckless driving. When the driver is operating a multi-ton vehicle at high speeds, the difference becomes critically important to other drivers on the road.
Reckless actions on the road are those that create a substantial and unjustifiable risk of harm to others. They are not just mistakes or negligent driving. They indicate a conscious disregard for others on the road. Often motivated by the need to arrive at a destination at a certain time, within time limits set by his or her employer, truck drivers will attempt to reach their goals through any means possible — even if that means driving recklessly and aggressively, endangering other drivers.
Holding Drivers Accountable for Reckless Driving Accidents
Reckless driving is among the top causes of truck accidents. When truck drivers’ actions rise to the level of recklessness, they must be held accountable for the harm they cause. At the AV-rated* nationwide law firm of Greenberg & Stone, this is our goal. Our team of trial lawyers and support staff works together to help clients nationwide take effective legal action in state and federal courts.
Examples of conduct that may violate reckless driving laws are:
- Driving too fast for traffic and weather conditions
- Following too closely behind another driver
- Making improper lane changes
- Failing to do proper maintenance on a truck
- Overloading the truck
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive and dangerous driving
Learn More About Greenberg & Stone’s Approach to Legal Representation
Reckless driving accidents affect different people in different ways. At Greenberg & Stone, we carefully analyze the many ways in which your accident has changed your life. Taking a client-oriented and individualized approach, we tailor our actions to your needs. Our attorneys take an in-depth look at what the personal injury or wrongful death means for you. When we prepare your case for trial, we ask ourselves: What does the jury need to understand about you? This is the story we convey to the jury. It is your story and we will help you tell it.
If you have questions about a specific legal claim, call us toll free at 888-499-9700. We are headquartered in Florida and represent clients nationwide through a network of local associate law firms.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.