Legal Information From Greenberg & Stone
A truck accident caused by a tire blowout is an excellent example of how complex a truck accident personal injury lawsuit can be. It is important for your trial attorneys to have significant experience negotiating and litigating all manner of truck accident cases.
In general, an accident victim has the right to seek compensation from the party responsible for causing injury due to negligence or intentional wrongdoing. Thus, if a tire blowout causes a truck accident, your attorney must determine what caused the tire blowout in order to identify the proper parties to sue.
Who You Sue Depends on What Caused the Tire Blowout
A tire blowout can have several different causes. Depending on the specific cause, your lawyer may need to use a different legal theory in your lawsuit. For example:
- If a poorly designed truck tire blows out and causes an accident, then your attorney should investigate a claim of product liability, arguing that the tire company was negligent in designing an unsafe tire.
- If the truck driver failed to make proper safety inspections as required by law and thus failed to discover the worn-out tire before it blew, then your lawyer should investigate a claim of driver negligence.
- If a truck maintenance company overinflated or underinflated the truck tires, then your attorney should investigate claims against the maintenance company, including negligent work, insufficient employee training or negligent retention of unqualified employees.
- If a vehicle traveling ahead of the truck dumped sharp debris from its own load, causing the truck’s tires to blow, then your lawyer should investigate negligence and product liability claims against the third vehicle.
A personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit based on a truck accident can be filed against more than one defendant, using more than one theory of liability. An experienced and thorough attorney will identify all possible claims in order to maximize the victim’s potential of achieving fair compensation for injuries and losses.
Learn More About Truck Accident Lawsuits
Greenberg & Stone, is a nationwide truck accident law firm with an AV Rating* and a long-standing dedication to helping families secure justice after a catastrophic truck accident.
You can get more information by reading the rest of our truck accident lawsuit FAQ section:
- How do I file a truck accident claim?
- Can I file a wrongful death lawsuit if a truck accident killed a relative?
- What compensation can I get after a truck accident?
You may also wish to review summaries of past truck accident cases we have handled.
For More Information Call 888-499-9700
Our FAQ section may not provide you with all the answers you need, especially if you or a family member recently has suffered injury or death in a truck accident.
We are available 24/7 via e-mail and answering service. We place a high priority on promptly responding to your inquiries.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.