When Defective Roads Cause Serious Truck Accidents
Defective roadways are a significant factor in truck accident cases when drivers fail to drive cautiously on dangerous roads. Depending on the facts of the accident and the condition of the road, your attorney may choose to sue the government agency responsible for the road — such as a state or federal Department of Transportation (DOT) — in addition to the truck driver or company that directly caused the accident.
Examples of Defective Roadways Causing Truck Accidents
Greenberg & Stone, is an AV-rated* nationwide truck accident law firm whose attorneys have more than 60 years’ collective experience protecting the rights of injury victims in state and federal courts.
We have significant experience representing injury victims in lawsuits following truck accidents involving defective roadways, including a case involving a bridge that was built incorrectly. The defective bridge led to a serious accident that permanently changed the lives of the accident victims and their families. While our past successes do not guarantee future results, we continue to strive to achieve results for our clients who have been injured in truck accidents.
In addition to bridges that do not conform to building specs or government safety standards, other roadway defects include:
- Degradation of the road surface
- Improper road or pavement markings
- Inadequate maintenance
- Curves that violate standards
- Exits and entrances that violate standards
- Highway dividers that are not equidistant
- Improper warnings of lane shifts or construction
- Improper road grading or insufficient drainage systems
Experienced Trial Lawyers for Complex Litigation: Call Toll Free 888-499-9700
Truck accident cases are typically more complex than other types of motor vehicle cases. Truck accident litigation involves analysis of Department of Transportation federal rules and regulations, as well as state and local laws. Truck accident cases may also require identifying several different responsible parties, including governmental agencies and private companies from multiple states. Filing a lawsuit against the government is different from filing a lawsuit against a business or individual in many important respects.
These factors can make litigation very complicated, but the attorneys at Greenberg & Stone are prepared for the challenge. Our law firm is an established litigation leader with a nationwide presence. Through our network of associated law firms, we handle truck accident litigation throughout the United States from our headquarters in Miami, Florida. To learn more, call us toll free at 888-499-9700.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.