Iowa Highway Accident Attorney Helping Tractor Trailer Accident Victims in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport and Sioux City
Iowa is known for its extreme weather conditions — and especially for hazardous winter driving conditions. If dangerous driving conditions cause serious injury or death in an Iowa truck accident, can the victims still file a compensation claim?
An inexperienced attorney might advise that the answer is no, because weather is a natural occurrence that cannot be attributed to negligence or recklessness by an individual or company. That lawyer could be wrong. Perhaps dangerous driving conditions contributed to the Iowa truck accident, but other questions must be asked:
- Was the driver properly trained to drive in winter conditions?
- Was the truck in good working condition, and had it received necessary winterizing and maintenance?
- If dangerous road conditions contributed to the accident, is the road design itself partly to blame?
Consult a Law Firm With Truck Accident Lawsuit Experience
At Greenberg & Stone, our attorneys have extensive experience representing plaintiffs in truck accident lawsuits. We have the resources to represent truck accident victims across the country, including people in Des Moines, Davenport, Cedar Rapids and Dubuque. Our trial lawyers work with a nationwide network of local associate law firms, which allows us to offer a powerful combination of personalized, local service and strategic legal advocacy.
How We Can Help
Of course, weather is not the only cause of Iowa truck accidents. Accidents involving trucks and passenger cars can happen for any number of reasons. It is your attorney’s job to conduct a thorough investigation into all possible causes of the accident in order to maximize the likelihood of achieving a fair financial settlement for injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Greenberg & Stone’s Rapid Response Team can travel immediately to the scene of any Iowa truck accident, including those that occur on Iowa’s main interstate freeways: I-35, I-80 and I-29. Some of the first steps our team takes are:
- To review the driver’s record for previous acts of careless or reckless driving
- To review the trip log to calculate hours of service, as part of the investigation into whether driver fatigue contributed to the truck wreck
- To review the trucking company’s safety record with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- To take pictures and videos of the accident scene, preserving evidence for later use by our accident reconstruction experts
- To review state highway safety records, to determine whether the accident site has been the site of previous accidents
- To communicate on your behalf with the trucking company and any other possible defendants
- To help coordinate your medical care by physicians who are at the top of their fields
- To give you information on how to access immediate financial assistance while your injury claim is pending
Contact Greenberg & Stone
If you or a family member has been in an Iowa truck wreck, talk to a lawyer about an injury lawsuit as soon as possible. Call toll free 888-499-9700 or send an e-mail to see how our approach can work for you. Trial lawyers at Greenberg & Stone are available 24/7 through e-mail or our answering service. We place great emphasis on promptly responding to your needs.